Monday 20 March 2017

Week 8: Location drawing river walk




For this week  we were tasked with drawing different locations within Worcester by the river Severn. We weren't to make ordinary drawings though, instead we were to draw what was in front of us but adding  in things that are not there but are view to the right. For example, my second drawing is of some ruins just outside of Worcester cathedral, however, the block of flats in the background are added in and are not visible to the eye if I looked straight forward, but are in view if I look to the left. Making sense now? Good. The top drawing is of the train bridge which goes over the river Severn, however, I have added in a woman who had actually walked past me at the time. Below that drawing is one showing two vans parked up by an old crane. The vans are in the right place, but the crane was actually on an island to the right of me. Same for the man the image too, as he was no where near the vans and was actually closer to me. The final drawing is of the view looking towards the Malvern hills from a bridge which goes over the river Severn. However, there isn't actually a path directly in front of me, and neither is there as giant metal fence blocking hr path.

No comments:

Post a Comment